Top Social

by Orchid Singson

Welcome to Georgia

October 26, 2014








I've spent the last few days down in Georgia, and I have to admit it's a nice change of scenery considering the fact that I've been living in major cities for the past few weeks. I love being surrounded by nature. In fact, on my second day here, I spotted a herd of deer in my friend's backyard!! How does that even happen!?

The Vampire Diaries (one of my favorite tv shows) actually films in a town nearby, so we took a tour of some of the show's locations last week. It was so interesting to hear all about the behind-the-scenes work that goes into producing the show i.e. having to change the script when a location becomes unavailable, keeping fans from seeing major show spoilers during filming, dressing up the town's main square and store displays with props, etc etc. For any other Vampire Diaries fans, check out Mystic Falls Tours if you're ever in the area :)

Random anecdote: I also got to experience some Southern hospitality yesterday when a worker at Jaemor Farms gave me a free extra blueberry pie. She said that it had partially crumbled so she couldn't sell it anymore. I love little acts of kindness like that! It totally made my day and on top of that, the pie was delicious!!
Post Comment