Top Social

by Orchid Singson

Postcards from London

October 14, 2014
I took a train ride over to London this past Saturday! I only had nine hours in the city, but I saw a ridiculous amount of tourist sites in that time frame! Plus, I learned that the London tube system is so much better than the Paris metro! The trains are cleaner, more spacious, easier to use (the direction of the train and upcoming stops are all announced ahead of time), and they have a ventilation system! I could go on and on.

Anyways, out of everything I saw, I think that my two favorite activities were walking through St. James Park (which was covered in fall-colored leaves) and strolling along the River Thames up to the Tower of London. The bonus was that I had time to stop by Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross (yay Harry Potter!).

I didn't include photographs of everything, but this was my complete itinerary: Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, London Eye, Westminster Abbey (didn't go inside), St. James Park, Buckingham Palace, the Changing of the Horse Guards, Trafalgar Square, National Portrait Gallery, Convent Garden, London Bridge, Tower of London (didn't go inside), Tower Bridge, Daunt Books, and King's Cross


And for the very first time, I edited a video without the help of any additional programs! Enjoy!

Post Comment
LEANNE DEE said...

Your blog is amazing!! I'm loving all the pictures of your adventures and reading all about it! It sounds like you are having an amazing time! I'm so glad I don't have to wait til you get back to hear all about it!