Top Social

by Orchid Singson

Albert-Kahn Musée et Jardins

October 7, 2014











So I'm just going to say it. The Albert-Kahn Museum was hands down the museum highlight of my trip so far. I would've visited just for the ten-acre garden alone, but then I found out that the main exhibit was a photography collection. Sold.

Here's a history lesson for today: Albert Kahn was a philanthropist who created foundations that financed photography and cinematography campaigns in the early 1900's. His mission was to document the art/culture/daily life/etc of people all around the globe in order to promote world peace. How amazing is that!? Apparently there are around 72,000 images in the collection! The museum itself is on the smaller side, but the quality of the photography exhibit really made my visit worthwhile. Even more amazing than that, the museum is located on Albert Kahn's former property. He was the one who created the gardens! I'm really in awe of his life and plan on finding out more about him once I'm done traveling.

Below is a quick video that I shot while I was there:
Post Comment
Unknown said...

Already commented like a week ago, but just wanted to say these pictures are just so lovely and whimsical! Love it.

http://lostindreamland8.blogspot.com/