Top Social

by Orchid Singson

Flower Studies: White Roses {Blue Destruction}

January 9, 2015







These are not the original photos that I intended to make, but nevertheless I ended up with something amazing! First of all, I really wanted to shoot on brown craft paper but alas, Michael's was out of stock. So then I figured, why not try something new? This blue paper caught my eye AND it was super cheap at 99¢/sheet. So I took everything home and started shooting my usual flower shots, but they weren't turning out quite right. Next thing I know, I'm ripping up flower petals and cutting off stems and I was left with this beautiful mess. Needless to say, I'm really proud of how these images came out.

And if you're wondering about that random lemon photo, I photographed that simply because there was a huge bag of lemons sitting in our kitchen. My mom just harvested a ton of them from our backyard and I thought to myself, that shade of yellow against that shade of blue would look so good together! I liked it so much that I decided to throw it into this flower studies post!

On a more somber note, Paris has been on my mind a lot these past couple of days because of the tragic events that occurred over there. I have such a special place in my heart for that city and its people, and all I can say is that my thoughts/prayers/love/support are with them. #JeSuisCharlie

Previous Flower Studies posts:
Post Comment
Cathy said...

I love this! You probably figured out from my wedding that blue and yellow are my favorite. The white roses on that deep blue background looks seriously beautiful!!