Top Social

by Orchid Singson

The Huntington

January 24, 2015





Earlier this week I made a field trip over to the Huntington Library. Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens out in San Marino. I haven't been there in a few months, plus they just recently opened a brand new visitor center with a larger store, coffee shop, and admissions area! This was also my first time visiting during the winter season which, trust me, is much more pleasant than visiting during the summer (unless you enjoy spending time outdoors in 100 degree weather haha). 

There's so much to see that it's hard to cover everything in just one afternoon. The Huntington has four galleries filled with art and 120 acres of beautifully-themed gardens. These photos are just from a few of them (Rose, Chinese, Japanese, the Conservatory building, and Desert) but trust me, there is PLENTY more to see when you go in person. I was especially surprised by the wide variety of plants in the Desert Garden. That area is a heaven for succulent fans like myself! I'm ashamed to say that I've always skipped that particular garden in the past (I'm not sure why! It's amazing!). 

Anyways, if you're in the area and looking for a leisurely activity for the day, I'd definitely recommend stopping by The Huntington. Grab lunch at one of their cafes (the food from the Chinese Garden Tea House always smells delicious), stroll around the botanical gardens (there's twelve in all), and learn about some art all in one place! Plus you can take some great Instagram photos (I'm only half-kidding. Don't forget to put your phone down and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine!).
Post Comment