Top Social

by Orchid Singson

Flower Studies: Tulips

February 7, 2015



On random acts of kindness:

Earlier this week, I was given a dessert for free at one of my favorite food spots. I insisted on paying, partly because I actually wanted to break a $20 bill, but the cashier refused and went ahead and gave me the change I needed anyways. This person unknowingly made my day! My friend pointed out that maybe they needed to give away the dessert because somebody had changed their order. I choose to believe that the worker was just being nice. The point of the story is that you never know how one small gesture can affect another person. To be honest, I was kind of having a rough week and that simple act of kindness completely turned my attitude around. I was, and still am, extremely grateful.

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."  ~ Leo Buscaglia

Previous Flower Studies posts:
Post Comment