Top Social

by Orchid Singson

We'll Never Be Royals

September 27, 2014








Let me give you a heads up about the Palace of Versailles. If you visit, you will end up walking....A LOT.

The best thing that I did when I first arrived was rent a bicycle to explore the gardens around the Grand Canal. There's nothing more fun than hopping on a bike and racing past rows of beautiful trees on one side while staring at a gorgeous canal on the other side. After checking out a few areas, I (foolishly) decided to ride my bike all the way around the Grand Canal. By the time I completed the trip, I was exhausted! But it was so exhilarating and totally worth it!

After returning my bike, I grabbed a quick lunch and walked back up to the palace. At this point I was tired and a bit weary of all of the crowds, but then I stepped into this amazing hall (see fourth photo above) and my breath was taken away. The ceiling was completely covered in ornate paintings and there were chandeliers everywhere! A lot of the rooms were like that (i.e. breathtaking) and my photos honestly don't do the place justice. There's not much else that I can say.

Below is a quick video that I shot while I was there. Enjoy!

Post Comment