Top Social

by Orchid Singson

The Eiffel Tower

September 18, 2014

Yesterday I found myself eating lunch on a park bench overlooking the Eiffel Tower. Crazy, right? I never knew how enormous the Eiffel Tower was until I was standing right underneath the structure. It's HUGE! Here are a few other thoughts from yesterday:

+ The bridge between the Eiffel Tower and the Trocadéro Gardens is filled with guys trying to sell stuff to tourists. I saw several of them selling those old school dog toys that bark and flip! I mean, Eiffel Tower keychains make sense, but stuffed dogs??

+ According to Wikipedia, the metro stop by my apartment was used in the movie Amélie. You can briefly see it at the end of this scene.

+ I finally tried my very first Parisian chocolate croissant (pain au chocolat) yesterday! It was delicious (duh!) and I plan on picking up another one today (and tomorrow and everyday in the foreseeable future until I start running out of money lol).
Post Comment