Top Social

by Orchid Singson

Nashville Series: The Parthenon

May 21, 2016
I was a Classics major in college, so it should come as no surprise that one of my bucket list goals is to visit all of the ancient archaeological sites in Greece and Italy. When I found out that there was a full-scale replica of the Parthenon in Nashville, I just knew that I had to go see it for myself! 

So you might be thinking, "What is a replica of the Parthenon doing in Nashville, of all places?" It was originally built in 1897, along with several other copies of historical structures, for the Tennessee Centennial Exposition. The six-month event was held to celebrate Tennessee's one-hundredth anniversary of statehood. After the exposition was over, the Parthenon was the only building to remain standing. Now it sits in the middle of Centennial Park, which is a very beautiful place to visit on a sunny day. Check out more photos below!







The Parthenon
2500 West End Ave.
Nashville, TN 37203

Post Comment