Top Social

by Orchid Singson

The Whistle Stop Cafe

September 7, 2015




I've been down in Georgia for the past couple of days and it has been so much fun exploring all of the different towns that are outside of Atlanta! Yesterday, my friend and I drove over to the city of Juliette to grab lunch at the Whistle Stop Cafe. It's the same cafe where the movie Fried Green Tomatoes was filmed! Now I have to admit, I haven't actually seen the movie but everyone's been telling me that it's pretty great. I plan on watching it as soon as I get home!
A few other tidbits:

+ I tried an authentic fried green tomato and I actually really liked it! The Whistle Stop Cafe serves their fried tomatoes with a radish sauce that gives them a bit of a kick. Highly recommended 

+ Did you know that in the South, most people place rice inside of their salt shakers? Apparently it keeps the salt crystals from sticking together due to the humidity. I never knew that! You can kind of see the rice in the fourth photo above.

+ Juliette is filled with all sorts of cute little shops! There's one called the Honey Comb that sells the yummiest honey-filled candies. I bought a bag (for only $2.75!) but half of them are already gone!

Post Comment
putonyourcakepants said...

That cafe looks like it's positively bursting with charm - I love it! I've never tried fried green tomatoes, but they look like they're mighty tasty...