Top Social

by Orchid Singson

LACF 2018

September 8, 2018
So if you know me, you know that I live for the LA County Fair every year! Now obviously I go for the food (I'm coming back for you, deep-fried cookie dough!), but I was really excited about some of the new attractions that I'd heard about. This year is a celebration of the iconic Route 66, and the fair did a really good job of representing the theme through menu specials, interactive displays, art exhibits, and more! The LA County Fair ends on September 23rd, so if you're planning on attending soon, here are a few things to keep an eye out for:

$6.60 Menu: A long list of food vendors are offering single menu items at a special discounted price of $6.60. Considering the fact that most entrees are at least $10 and up, this is a huge way to save money! Participating stands will have a CA license plate on display, listing their $6.60 deal. You can also check out the complete list here.

Millard Sheets Arts Center: They made an Instagram museum! Yes, it's pretty much just like LA's popular Museum of Ice Cream, except everything is Route 66-themed. This year's exhibit is called Alt 66 and it features a bunch of backgrounds and installations that showcase the landmarks and attractions of Route 66.

Retro City Arcade: Located in the Grandstand building, the new Retro City Arcade is filled with old school pinball machines and arcade games! When I first walked in, I was super excited to see a crowd of people surrounding a DDR machine (my favorite game haha). Make sure to bring some quarters!





Post Comment