Top Social

by Orchid Singson

Seattle: Pike Place Market Pt. I

February 20, 2016

I spent last weekend visiting the lovely city of Seattle for the first time! Lucky for me, the weather was beautiful on the day that I arrived (it rained for the next two days haha). My very first stop was Pike Place Market! If you've never been there, Pike Place is kind of like a huge farmer's market right off of the waterfront. It's comprised of a few blocks of indoor/outdoor stands and retail spaces owned by the local farmers, craftspeople, and businesses of the community. It's a pretty fun place to walk around, especially since there's so much to see!

Now we all know that I really went to Pike Place Market for the food lol. For lunch, I ended up trying the famous mac and cheese at Beecher's Handmade Cheese (the cheese sauce was on the thinner/watery side, but it was still surprisingly flavorful). I also made sure to grab a yummy chocolate/hazelnut cream roll from Piroshky Piroshky. The very first Starbucks storefront was located right next door, but the line was incredibly long so I decided to skip it (I don't drink coffee anyways).

Because I didn't stay at Pike Place Market for too long, I decided to head back for a second visit on my last day in town. Expect those photos to show up here soon!

Post Comment